By Jane Hasler, Centre Manager at Premier Training
Don’t think you need more self discipline and motivation for distance learning! It is just as easy to make excuses not to attend class as it is not to study at home. In fact you have more excuses: “the weather is too poor to travel to class”, “my child is feeling under the weather, I’d better stay at home”, “I have to work late”; and there are many more. In all of these cases you can still study at home and not fall behind!
Don’t worry about losing student to student interaction. There are many social media platforms with online student communities. There a blogs, Facebook pages and the AAT and BKN discussion forums to mention but a few. Many of our students form study groups with students who live locally, take it in turns to study at each others home, put out some nibbles and make a little event of it.
There are so many reasons why distance learning is more popular than classroom based courses. Unfortunately not everyone understands the benefits and doesn’t even consider distance learning an option. From student feedback we have highlighted the most popular reasons students are now choosing distance learning instead:
- You can start your studies anytime of the year and possibly complete in half the time or less!
- Cheaper course fees that you can pay by instalments.
- No commuting or travel expenses.
- No more struggling to find a reliable babysitter and childcare expenses.
- You don’t have to miss any family or social events because they fall on the same day you attend class.
- Even when you attend classroom courses you still have course work to do at home anyway.
- One to one instant access to tutor support, late evenings and Saturday morning.
- No fighting another 30 or more students for your tutor’s attention.
- Ask as many questions as you need without feeling embarrassed in front of a class. Your Premier Training tutor will spend as long as necessary explaining without the rest of the class becoming impatient.
- You decide when and where you study. You can make your routine fit around your schedule.
- Spend extra time on the topics you find difficult and move quickly over areas you find easy. You needn’t spend ages listening to explanations on topics you are already confident with.
- Study from anywhere in the world at anytime and in more familiar and comfortable surroundings at home.
- Earn while you learn. It is much easier to complete distance leaning courses while working. Keeping your job gives you more income, experience and stability while you completing you qualification, giving you less to worry about and more time to focus on your studies.
- You can access your study material 24/7 online which means you don’t have to carry numerous books and course notes with you everywhere.
Please have a look at the video that I did with Premier Training on the reason why Distance Learning works.